PHOENIX FD 3.0 FOR MAYA
starting at $830
Phoenix FD™ for Autodesk® Maya® empowers VFX artists to simulate fire, smoke, explosions, liquids, foam and splashes, while offering exceptional flexibility and speed. It is a hybrid simulation system including grids and particles, enabling you to get the best of both worlds. Fully integrated with V-Ray, it harnesses the power of Chaos Group’s rendering engine including proper GI from the generated fluid. V-Ray RT supports all Phoenix FD fluids, including liquids with proper refraction. Phoenix FD for Maya is optimized for huge amounts of particles allowing VFX artists to work on complex simulations.
Customers who currently own Phoenix FD 2.0 for Maya are eligible to upgrade to Phoenix 3.0 for free! To do so please follow these instructions for retrieving your dongle’s context file. Then send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the context file from your dongle.
PHOENIX FD FOR MAYA FEATURES
Phoenix FD for Maya is a great addition to the toolset of VFX artists who use V-Ray in Maya. Check out some key features that will improve and streamline your VFX workflow:
- A hybrid simulation system including grids and particles
- Automatic foam and splashes generation with optimized shaders for faster rendering and easier setup
- Optimization for huge amount of particles including a fog shader
- GPU preview that resembles almost rendering quality and allows you to setup your fluid in the viewport with multiple lights even before rendering
- Support for all fluids by V-Ray RT, including liquids with proper refraction, for quick and efficient material setup
- 3D procedural textures allow you to extract channels data from the simulation that can be used in various ways (blending colors of the fluid, changing the IOR for haze effects, etc.)
- Full integration with V-Ray, including proper GI from the generated fluid
- Option to generate haze effects for distorting objects behind the fluid grid
- Scripting through Pyton in Maya for full control over your simulations