VRscans Material Library and Scanning Service
The new 3D material scanning service can capture a material’s complete appearance. It creates an exact digital match to the physical material sample. The scanned material is saved in a proprietary .vrscan format and it’s ready to render in V-Ray with the new VRscans plugin. The best part is there is no guesswork for the user. There are no settings to adjust. And the match is one to one.
Try VRscans free for 90 days here! Technical support included.
Incredible imagery straight from Rhino
There are loads of new features into V-Ray for Rhino — including support for VRscans. With VRscans support, you can use our library of over 650 lifelike materials to add new levels of photorealism to your SketchUp projects.
Want to know more? Watch our explanatory video on how VRscans integrates with V-Ray 3.6 for Rhino.
The best materials to scan are fabrics, leather, plastics, metal, wood, and stone. Glass, skin, and very glossy materials are not recommended. Every material you send us is analyzed and evaluated for scanning.
For more information on the 3D material scanning service, please visit the VRscans website.
- 10 free render nodes with each plugin license
- Access to the material library with a workstation license
- Requires V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max or V-Ray 3 for Maya
- System requirements are the same as V-Ray 3 for Maya and V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max
- VRScans plugin is included in the V-Ray installer
- Contains over 550 pre-scanned materials ready to be applied to 3D visualizations in 3ds Max or Maya
- Collection includes samples of car paint, fabric, leather, wood, plastic, metal and more
- Incredibly photoreal, physically accurate, customizable, seamlessly tileable, & easy to use
CUSTOM MATERIALS SCANNING SERVICE
- Pricing is per-material sample
- Volume discounts available
- Reach out to VRscans team for material requirements and pricing
- CONTACT Chaos Group
THE DIGIMATION ADVANTAGE
Our customers enjoy everyday low pricing, same-day shipping, and enhanced technical support. With both ONLINE and pre-programmed dongle options available, we’ve got you covered.