VRscans Material Library and Scanning Service
Annual License $420
Imagine rendering truly realistic materials – without creating a single texture map or touching a single setting. Using a patented material scanning system and rendering plugin, VRscans introduces a new level of accuracy for visualizing real-world materials in computer graphics.
The new 3D material scanning service can capture a material’s complete appearance. It creates an exact digital match to the physical material sample. The scanned material is saved in a proprietary .vrscan format and it’s ready to render in V-Ray with the new VRscans plugin. The best part is there is no guesswork for the user. There are no settings to adjust. And the match is one to one.
Try VRscans free for 90 days here! Technical support included.
The VRscans plugin is a workstation (1 GUI + 1 Render Node) license that allows a user to load and render scanned materials. Licenses are available as monthly or annual rentals. (This includes access to our ever-growing library of physically scanned materials such as leather, fabrics, wood, etc.)
Universities & accredited educational institutions may purchase multiple licenses of Vrscans. Volume pricing is offered at 15-29 & 30+ licenses per format. Universities may also purchase 1, 2, or 3-year licenses as well as additional render nodes.
Contact email@example.com to purchase multiple University licenses.
With VRscans, you don’t have to create your own materials. We take a physical material sample, scan it, and then return it to you along with a .vrscan file. Import the file with the VRscans plugin, apply it, and you’re done. VRscan materials are an exact digital replica of a physical material, so there’s no guesswork, and the results are reliable.
The best materials to scan are fabrics, leather, plastics, metal, wood, and stone. Glass, skin, and very glossy materials are not recommended. Every material you send us is analyzed and evaluated for scanning.
For more information on the 3D material scanning service, please visit the VRscans website.
VRSCANS PLUGIN AND LIBRARY ACCESS
- 10 free render nodes with each plugin license
- Access to the material library with a workstation license
- Requires V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max or V-Ray 3 for Maya
- System requirements are the same as V-Ray 3 for Maya and V-Ray 3 for 3ds Max
- VRScans plugin is included in the V-Ray installer
- Contains over 550 pre-scanned materials ready to be applied to 3D visualizations in 3ds Max or Maya
- Collection includes samples of car paint, fabric, leather, wood, plastic, metal and more
- Incredibly photoreal, physically accurate, customizable, seamlessly tileable, & easy to use
CUSTOM MATERIALS SCANNING SERVICE
- Pricing is per-material sample
- Volume discounts available
- Reach out to VRscans team for material requirements and pricing
- CONTACT Chaos Group
THE DIGIMATION ADVANTAGE
Our customers enjoy everyday low pricing, same-day shipping, enhanced technical support, and a library of free 3D textures and models with every commercial VRScans purchase. With both ONLINE and pre-programmed dongle options available, we’ve got you covered.